The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default language not working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZMan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ZMan

ZMan Member

It appears that the cPanel for accounts using the default language (English) are no longer displaying correctly. All text taken from language files is showing up blank in the browser. The English language file is intact in /usr/local/cpanel/lang The accounts in question are using the x or x2 themes.

Examining the settings for affected accounts in /var/cpanel/users show that the accounts have no language selection indicated. By modifying the account and selecting english, the /var/cpanel/users file for the account then contains an added "LANG=english" and the account's cPanel again displays correctly.

This is being observed with 10.6.0-R55, though it was also broken prior to that upgrade. I performed an update to this latest version with the hopes it would fix it, but it did not.

Are there any known fixes for this issue?

I assume that the "LANG=english" entry in a user's /var/cpanel/users file is not required based on what I observe on other servers which are still working. So this seems to me like something broken with how cPanel knows what the default language is.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Probably unrelated, but the following went into EDGE recently:
    Have you tried a /scripts/upcp --force? Though your original upgrade should have been sufficient.

3. darkelder

darkelder Well-Known Member

4. benito

benito Well-Known Member

5. xixi

xixi Active Member