Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Default name server error

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Santiago VL, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Santiago VL

Santiago VL Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I hope someone can help me with these:

I´m trying to establish the Nameservers on WHM 60 with the "Basic webHost manager"
    but when i try to configure the address record i got the following message:

Sorry, you can not create zones if you have not configured al least one Nameserver.

But how these could be posible if I'm trying to configure the Nameserver itself?

ConfigureAdressRecords2.png

And the error repeats all over the system when i try to add an A record or related actions.

*I have tried to manually set the /var/cpanel/nameserverips.yaml file, and now the "nameserver record report" is right, but the result is the same.

* In a previous configuration, the Nameserver was disabled.

I hope someone can help me.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Check to ensure your name servers are saved under "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Basic WebHost Manager® Setup" first, then go back to the interface again to see if the issue persists. The error message suggests there are no saved name servers under the "Nameservers" section in that interface.

Thank you.

3. Santiago VL

Santiago VL Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael, thank you for your response.
    I added the name servers correctly, but the problem hasn't disappeared.
    Now i get the error "Sorry, An error occurred while adding dns zone: " without details, the same if i try to add an A record.

ConfigureAdressRecords3.png

I have researched more and i found that maybe the problem is related to the whm upgrade from 58 to 60.
    I printed the /usr/local/cpanel/logs/dnsadmin_log and as response to any atempt to add or edit a dns record, i got: "Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::PwCache::init called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin line 1136."
    Then I followed these thread: SOLVED - v58 to v60 Upgrade and now "Failed to fetch zone:" error

As the post says, i have printed the content of the file "/etc/cpanel/cpanelsync.exclude.
    Here the content:

/var/cpanel/rbl_info
    /etc/exim.conf.localopts

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin

In that post, they say that the solution is reinstall the dnsadmin service, if that is true, how i do that?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend removing the "/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin" entry from the /etc/cpanel/cpanelsync.exclude file and then forcing an update of cPanel via the "/scripts/upcp --force" command. This will ensure cPanel can update the file during updates.

Thank you.