The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

default 'new account' settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wcn, Nov 2, 2005.

1. wcn

wcn Registered

Forgive me if this is an FAQ but I couldn't find answers anywhere after 3 days of searching forums/newsgroups/docs.

I've turned off 'FrontPage Server Extensions' in every package/feature list that I can find.
    I've ensured that FPSE is in the 'disabled' feature list. In short, I've tried to turn off FPSE everywhere in cPanel/WHM because we don't need FPSE and we aren't going to offer it to our clients.

Yet...
    It still appears as an option when creating new accounts and the checkbox is ticked.

How do I get rid of this?

A related question is how does one set the 'default' package to appear selected in the create new account dialog so that one doesn't have to select it every time?

thanks

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Use the Feature Manager to creat a feature list where Frontpage is not checked. Then add that feature list to a package which has Frontpage Extensions unchecked and use that package when creating accounts. This won't uncheck the box on the default create a new account but it will uncheck it when you select the package.

#2 DaveUsedToWorkHere, Nov 3, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  3. wcn

wcn Registered

Thanks, but I've already done that.

What I want to be able to do is have the FrontPage checkbox appear unchecked by default,
    or,
    to have a default package (with FP off) be selected by default so that I don't have to select it when creating new accounts.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, such an option doesn't exist (i.e. it will always show FP enabled initially) unless you select a package for the new account first.