The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

default page issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cha0tic, Mar 17, 2007.

1. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

okay 2 issues here and i think their related from what I've read on other posts

My server is behind a cisco pix firewall, so all outside ips are translated to internal ips: for example:

1.2.3.4 = 10.0.0.1
    1.2.3.5 = 10.0.0.2
    1.2.3.6 = 10.0.0.3
    etc

Whenever I log in, It tells me that the public ip (which I set when configuring the server (added a hostname of server.blah.com and added an A dns entry for it to point to 1.2.3.4))

It tells me it should resolve to 10.0.0.1, which would then probably mess with the name servers and try to resolve to 10.x like it did on my old server.

This box is also its own nameserver, so the nameserver for all my domains is also on this box, ns1.blah.com and ns2.blah.com, all of which are on 1.2.3.4

now... blah.com works great (just a redirect, and it resolves correctly, as do all the other domains, and forwards correctly).

My issue is: the accounts I add, are showing nothing but the default page, I've replaced the index.html with my own, tried renaming it to .htm, tried from another computer to ensure it was not a cache issue, no matter what I do I can not get it to show the uploaded content.

I checked the name servers, and they point to ns1.blah.com as do all of the other domains, and resolves to the right ip. but for some reason apache just keeps throwing up the default page and im unsure as how to resolve it.

Please help :(

Trying to learn cpanel so i can get as far away from Pl*sk as possible because it is just buggy as can be.

#1 cha0tic, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

okay.. this is weird.. the domain just started working at the www. and the domain, no changes...
    what fixed it ? it seems to have fixed itself but um.. its happening on my other domains and i'd like to know how it was fixed :D anyone have any ideas ?

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You should contact your host and ask them to correct the settings of their firewall. I could be mistaken, but it sounds that the settings of your firewall with the switch/router are not correct.

Another possiblity is that your server not resolving. You also need to check your Nameservers and DNS zones whether they are configured properly.

4. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

host wont do anything, all th efirewall does is redirect incoming trafic to an internal ip which is what its supposed to do, should be transparent to the server.

this is the dns for one of my domains, as far as i can tell it looks correct, but it keeps pulling up the default page regardless of content uploaded:

; cPanel 10.9.0-RELEASE_139
    ; Zone file for twilightofchaos.com
    $TTL 14400
    @ 86400 IN SOA ns1.arachnidsweb.com. cha0tic.***.gmail.com. ( 2007031600 ; serial, todays date+todays
    86400 ; refresh, seconds
    7200 ; retry, seconds
    3600000 ; expire, seconds
    86400 ) ; minimum, seconds

twilightofchaos.com. 86400 IN NS ns1.arachnidsweb.com.
    twilightofchaos.com. 86400 IN NS ns2.arachnidsweb.com.

twilightofchaos.com. IN A 208.109.100.213

localhost.twilightofchaos.com. IN A 127.0.0.1

twilightofchaos.com. IN MX 0 twilightofchaos.com.

mail IN CNAME twilightofchaos.com.
    www IN CNAME twilightofchaos.com.
    ftp IN A 208.109.100.213

at this point im at a complete loss.. any suggestions would be appreciated :(

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What are the IPs of the Nameservers? Did you assign a unique IP to every one? If not, do that and then restart named.

6. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

only using one ip atm, would it be prudent to remove one of the name servers ? or do i NEED 2 ?

7. cha0tic

cha0tic Member

removed the second ns since it pointed to the same ip still no change. :(