The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Setting of Responsible Person in DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by rego, Apr 5, 2002.

1. rego

rego Member

By default, WHM creates zone files with Responsible Person as root.ns.mydomain.com.

Since ns.mydomain.com cannot receive mails (unless a separate account is setup for ns.mydomain.com, which is not done in most cases), is it possible to change the default setting to root.mydomain.com?

2. rego

rego Member

Has anyone done it? I think VO has done it already. I can always edit /scripts/wwwacct, but the copyright message says it is a crime to edit it and I'm sure it will be overwritten by upcp next time cpanel is upgraded.

Can someone help me..?

3. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Why not just add ns.mydomain.com in a valias and route the mail to the address of your choice? I've not tried it, but can't think of a reason it wouldn't work the same way as all the parked/pointed domains floating around.

4. rego

rego Member

All these choices become tedious if we have to do it manually for every reseller...

5. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Ah - your first post didn't indicate that you wanted it done on a per account basis. It seemed to only indicate the (true) root user. Perhaps an email to VO would be in order if they already have it in place, or (alternately) a feature request to Nick for possible inclusion.

6. rego

rego Member

I've submitted a bugzilla bug report , Bug # 509