Default Settings for Roundcube and Email defaults

skyrant

Feb 11, 2020
Germany
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
  1. Where can i set default settings for Roundcube for all new users, preferably based on selected package? Talking about things like mailbox settings, folder, view settings etc.
  2. Where can i set default email accounts, preferably based on selected package. For example, i want my package to already create a main email account based on the users name, then some standard accounts like abuse, info etc.
thanks

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

So there are a few different things at play here.

1. Email accounts are not a part of roundcube they're a part of cPanel
2. For roundcube specific customization, there is the API functions that can be used to set specifics here: http://documentation.cpanel.net:8090/display/DD/WHM+API+1+Functions+-+personalization_set and http://documentation.cpanel.net:8090/display/DD/WHM+API+1+Functions+-+personalization_get

skyrant

Feb 11, 2020
Germany
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thanks for the links to the information

Just to clarify. CPanel and WHM have no way for me to create a package that has a set of default email addresses. I don't necessarily want those in all packages just specific ones.

Is the only things i can setup with packages the quotas/resources and a couple of options like theme? I was expecting a little more flexibility from the most used web hosting control panel.

Is everyone writing custom modules and webhooks?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Nope, there's no way to create a package that has a specific set of email addresses, that's not the purpose of packages. There's nothing that I'm aware of that will do this nor is this something that's widely requested and I've never had someone request this. This kind of configuration not being something that is popular or in-demand would not put it very high on the priority list to integrate.