The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default site page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macaws, Jul 3, 2010.

1. macaws

macaws Registered

Hi,
    I have a setup of multiple servers for my webhost, and a client recently ordered a cPanel VPS. We were able to get it working right until he tried adding a subdomain (He was recently on one of our shared servers). So I completely removed all the domains from the server and then I made a new DNS zone that pointed totally to his server. Now when we go to his site, it goes to the default website page. I went in the control panel and tried readding the domains and it said something about this ips.remotedns, so I went in there and added this:
    Those are our DNS IPs. Then I tried it again, and it let me add it, but it still veered off into the default site page. I looked at a couple posts that said check the .htaccess, I tried deleting it, nothing. All help is appreciated...
    Thanks,
    Mason

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Have you assigned the new name servers to the domain in the domain registrar panel? If the domain is still using the old name servers, it is pointing to the shared server and since you have removed the domain from there, it is showing the cPanel default page.