The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Styles for Paper Lantern?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by cPanelAdamF, Aug 6, 2014.

1. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Houston TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    With X3, we shipped a set of default styles which our customers could choose from (or our end-users could manually switch themselves to). Black Ice, Blue Lagoon, Motor City, Sunday Morning, The Beach, etc

With Paper Lantern, we're aiming to provide a highly style-able theme which is geared towards you providing the customizations, rather than a closed set of predefined styles. That being said, I've certainly heard the feedback many of you have provided that the Default look-and-feel of Paper Lantern is not enough. SO I pose this question to everyone:

What would you like to see among a set of default styles for Paper Lantern? Are there any common design aesthetics which we need to make sure that we cover?
  2. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I see no problem with the current styling .. it's a control panel, not a kids toy. I found the styling in x3 that customers could choose (ice, beach etc) pretty childish and quite frankly pointless.

What I'd love to be able to do is

1. choose what's on the summary table on the left - specifically, remove references to CloudLinux LVE stuff (memory usage, cpu usage, entry processes) - ability to choose MB or GB for disk space usage/bandwidth etc.

2. Ability to choose the default posiitions of the movable boxes/sections of icons in the main body eg. I would want email features to be on top by default, unless customer re-arranges it

That's it from me for now..