Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Default to www domains in WHM

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Darren Bouley, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Darren Bouley

Darren Bouley Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm a noob and having difficulty finding the information to answer a likely simple question.

When setting up new accounts (domains) in WHM, I'm getting a none www domain as the default. I realize that I can make changes to the .htaccess file to point the domain, but I run into a snag when adding Wordpress to the account in cpanel it is showing a none www domain. I can't change the domain in Wordpress or it breaks the links.

i hope this makes some sense.

Thank you,

DMB

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The "www" prefix is setup automatically as an alias when you create a new account or add a new domain name to an existing account. Thus, it shouldn't matter if you setup all scripts to use the domain name without the "www" prefix, as the "www" prefix should still load when accessed in a web browser.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...