The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default VHost for Dedicated IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samb0057, Dec 1, 2011.

1. samb0057

samb0057 Member

May 28, 2010
    I'm having a problem with a customer on a dedicated IP. When they enter the IP in the browser, it goes to their most recently added subdomain.

Yes, I know this is because of the ordering of the vhosts, but is there a way to fix this easily? I have a number of customers on dedicated IPs and I don't want to have to write a bunch of custom includes to have it work in a way that really it should do by default.
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This sounds like a feature request, since there currently isn't an option to select that the main domain is always the one used for the initial VirtualHost for a dedicated IP. Most times, the initial VirtualHost for that IP will be the main domain but that isn't guaranteed to occur.

I would suggest posting in the feature request area to actually select which domain is used when hitting a dedicated IP as the initial VirtualHost entry.

I do not know of any current way to force this beyond moving the main domain to /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_global.conf location to force that domain to be the first VirtualHost for the IP.