The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Web Root Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goad, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Goad

Goad Registered

I am setting up a new freshly setup cpanel/whm on a VM. This is my second one. The first one has been hosting my website for about 3 years, but my host has become a PITA and is providing CRAPPY service so its time to move.

I set up a new account and it created my user folder and web root folder (/home/username/public_html)

I havent moved my domain over to point at this VM yet as I am just getting things warmed up before I make the actual move. I am viewing my website by IP.

I put a php file in the root, and it doesnt see it. I get a 404. If i try to view my website via ip (http://xx.xx.xx.xx) it redirects me to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I checked the domain files in /usr/local/apache/conf/sites and everything looks good and lines up appropriately. I compaired them to my old site as well and they match up except the IP obviously.

is this because im viewing the site via ip? my other site works fine when i view it via ip.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member