The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default Web Site Page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nidhal, Nov 12, 2012.

1. nidhal

nidhal Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I'm moving my website to a new VPS server where I just finished the setup of Cpanel and WHM, than I created a package and I was sure that I checked "Dedicated IP"
    After that I created a new cpanel account that use the package I just created.

Now the problem is, when I access to server IP, it redirect me to "Default Web Site Page" and not to the domain that the cpanel user have. (Please note that I still didn't change the nameserver details from godaddy)

Can you please tell me how to fix this? or the nameserver need to be updated first?
    It is very important that the domain use a dedicated IP

Best Regards.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The problem is that the domain resolves to an IP address that is hosted on the server, but on which the domain is not configured. You need to make the domain resolve to the same IP address upon which it is configured in the WebHost Manager. If the nameservers that are authoritative for the domain are not hosted locally on the server, you will need to access the server that hosts the nameservers that are authoritative, and change the A records for the domain there.

3. nidhal

nidhal Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your answer,

I reinstalled my OS due to some problem and I'm currently installing Cpanel again.
    I have changed my nameserver IP from godaddy and it should be fine this time I guess.

So here is what I'm looking for, when I access to my server IP, I want it to show the default domain. So the server IP will be dedicated for that domain.

Please correct me if those steps are wrong, I want to make this right:

1/Create a new package and make sure that Dedicated IP is not checked
    2/Create a Cpanel account with the default domain that I want it to be assigned to the server IP
    3/Verify DNS

Should it work fine if I do that?

Edit
    Same problem, this didn't help
    Should I manually change all "/usr/local/apache/htdocs" in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf to my domain home?

#3 nidhal, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012