The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defaut theme setting not working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IT Hosting, Jul 3, 2002.

1. IT Hosting

IT Hosting Member

I have all the accounts & packages to default theme, however when I changed the default theme in the settings menu from advanced to bluelagoon it did not change the theme for any of the packages. The go to /default/ but it still shows advanced;. Any suggestions?

2. IT Hosting

IT Hosting Member

This post is about to go off the edge with no replies. I would appriciate if someone could answer the request!

3. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Go to modify An Account and select the domain. Then change the theme for that account.

4. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

Not an approved method...

There should be a better way to do this since I thought you're supposed to be able to change the default theme on a global basis. If you're in jam and are willing, you could rename the default theme to something else like &standard& or whatever you want to call it, and then make a symbolic link from &default& to bluelagoon.

ie:
    mv /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/default /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/standard
    ln -s /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/bluelagoon /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/default

This will just make &default& the same as &bluelagoon&, thus giving the users what you want them to have.

- Jason

5. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

There is a command to globally change users themes. I don't remember it. Nick knows it though. Let me see if I can have him tell you.

6. Jay

Jay Member

Did you ever get this command? I am interested in doing the same - just need to know the right command to take care of it. :) Thanks.

7. carperman

carperman Well-Known Member

if you rename default theme will not affect theme updates?