The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete all email from a certain person

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by billy79, Sep 16, 2008.

1. billy79

billy79 Active Member

On one of my clients server the nobody email was set to root (this has since been changed).

The client had an email problem that resulted in tons of bounced emails to nobody (this has also been corrected) however one of their email boxes (the one designated as the root box) is full of about 10k emails bounces from nobody.

My client obviously does not wish to download these emails to his Outlook but we can't just nuke the box as there is some important email in there.

Does anyone know of a way that I can delete all emails where subject = "subject" from a mailbox?

I figure there is some way that I can write a find command to make a list of these emails and then a bash script to delete all emails in the list, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly how to do that yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Billy

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. billy79

billy79 Active Member

I do have that on there and it is a great tool. But still a rather tedious process...I was going to check all emails then uncheck the ones that did not need to be deleted but there was a large number of emails to save so it would have still resulted in a lot of work.

If I can't figure out a bash script to do this though it may be my only option.