The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete Email Forwarder

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TomHudspeth, Jul 22, 2010.

1. TomHudspeth

TomHudspeth Registered

Hey All, wonder if someone can help me with this small problem?

I have set up an email forwarder that is incorrect, it needs deleting otherwise the email is forwarded to the wrong email. When i press remove, it says it has been removed but the emails still forward, and the email forward rule is still in the list. Is there anyway of manualy removing this forwarder.

Sorry if this thread already exsists, did a search but couldnt find anything.

2. aapkapratik

aapkapratik Member

Regarding E mail forwarders. Let us take example scenario..!

Suppose that I have My email address as " test@abc.com ",
    and I wish to foreword all its mails to " testmail@xyz ".

As I try to Add a new Forwarder from cPanel. Its entry gets registered in file
    " /etc/valiases/abc.com " as follows :-

test@xyz.com: testmail@xyz.com

Look for such corresponding file and entry which I have mentioned above for your email forwarder.
    If you find it delete it the entry from the file, and it shall resolve your issue.

3. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Correct. Plus, you might want to check the permissions of the file etc/valiases/abc.com and ensure it is user.mail where user is the cPanel user.

4. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

What you are describing sounds exactly like the issue that happens on the older themes under 11.25.0 cPanel. If you are using x, x2, monsoon or bluelagoon not the x3 theme, there is an issue in the older themes where they don't work with 11.25.0 due to invalid settings in the theme and so they won't remove the forwarder.

To fix the issue if that's the cause, simply change to x3 theme. x3 won't have the issue, but the older, deprecated themes will. You can still have x or bluelagoon in x3 theme as there would normally be a Change Style option in cPanel where you can select a different style under x3 theme.

5. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can simply contact your hosting provider and ask them to remove the forwarder and if you are having shell access then login in to shell and follow the steps.

Open /etc/valiases/your_domain.com file and remove the forwarder entry and save the files.

6. yayyo

yayyo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator