Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Deleted messages via IMAP account--files still in MailDir folders?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by doni49, Mar 15, 2007.

1. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

I use Thunderbird to access my IMAP server. I deleted a BUNCH of messages last night. I've got TB config'd to delete messages immediately.

When I deleted these messages last night, they no longer showed up in TB. But when I look at the maildirs, I still see all of the text files for those messages.

WHY?

Thanks!

I copy/pasted the following from my CPanel account.

2. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

Update

There seems to be some kind of delay between the time I delete the messages via TBird and the time the text files are removed from the folder. I checked filemanager again this morning and they're gone.

So the timeline is:

Wednesday - Delete Messages via TBird;
    Thursday - Notice that the files are still there when viewing via CP's filemanager;
    Friday - files no longer appear when viewing in filemanager.​

I when I noticed this on Thurday night (last night), I used filemanger's "Edit File" link to open several of these text messages and they showed the headers and message bodies of the messages that I had deleted Wednesday night.