The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted my settings and cant get them back.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Watson, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Paul Watson

Paul Watson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi everyone, brand new here but need help already.

About a year or so ago a kind forum member (different forum) offered to host my website then as i wanted to host a few friends websites he kindly changed my account to a reseller account.

Since then i have had no reason to contact him and now i cant contact him at all despite numerous attempts.

About 2 weeks ago i wanted to mess about with wordpress so installed it via cpanel but soon decided it wasnt for me and while i was delieting it via FTP i accidentally deleted the whole contents of my login including all my webiste pages, email settings etc.... the lot!!

So i have since setup the folders inside the FTP login so my website is back working again but i cant setup my emails now.

I have tried to add an email address in cpanel but it says it cant find the files (as i deleted them!!!)

Also, i tried to delete my account in WHM but it says i cant delete myself.

Is there ANYWAY around this??

I literally just want to delete my account and start again.

Please help!!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might check the Backups section of your cPanel. if backups are enabled you might be able to grab one of those to restore the account with.

If not, your only hope is to get in touch with the server owner for assistance with wiping and recreating the account. You won't be able to do that on your own.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you have the ability to create new accounts? If so, setup a new account with a dummy main domain name, transfer the contents to that account, then modify the domain name on the old account to a different one and modify the domain name on the new account to the one you had for the old account (or park the domain name on the new account).

If you don't have a backup and you cannot reach the guy, your only option is to create a new account, since you have reseller access to WHM.