The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting databases

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by DuckieN, Sep 30, 2004.

1. DuckieN

DuckieN Member

I have a few verisons of my forums stored in my database. Initially, my forum was php-nuke which I didn't like. It was having major problems. Then I had someone install a easyphp forum for me because I was told it was earier to manage. He was having difficulties with it as well. Now I have yet another verison which I am happy with. These other versions are still in my cpanel and on my server. Is it safe to delete the unwanted ones and if I do, will it affect the current running version that I'm happy with? I afraid if I delete the other two it will somehow screw up the correct one! What is the best way to handle this?

2. dazerrackers

dazerrackers Well-Known Member

Well if you've converted then it's safe to delete them. If you haven't then it's still safe. But im not quite sure what the whole situation is i hope i've helped ;)

3. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    if the currently working one isnt dependent on the old ones; then you can delete the old ones; provided you can keep the users intact with their passwords.

and on another note; instead of deleting; you can move the database at /var/lib/mysql and check for its functionality and then confirm a delete.

4. DuckieN

DuckieN Member

thanks for the information.