The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting entire site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by radioguide, May 18, 2012.

1. radioguide

radioguide Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is a daft question!

I want to delete all the files associated with my website and do a fresh install onto the server. What is the best way to do this, do I just delete all the fioles I can see in the cpanel and all the databases? I was hoping that installing a newer version of the site over the top of the existing one would overwrite all the files and update them, but when i tried to do this I ran out of server space before I could upload the new site.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What script are you using for the website, and how was it installed? If it was installed manually, yes sure you can remove the files associated with it inside public_html and delete the database associated with it if you wish.

If it was installed via Fantastico for example, you should uninstall it, the same way you installed it, from there.

You might want to do a full account backup, and download it to your local computer for safe keeping first though. Just in case you remove something you find out later you needed.