The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Exim Queue with Certain Parameters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pguy, Jul 3, 2003.

1. pguy

pguy Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm sure most of us have seen huge mail queues on our servers.. Atleast mine never seem to get below 1000 :p

Is there command that can be issued to delete mails in queue older than 'x' days ? I'm sure that can handle quite a few of the issues and reduce the mail queues to manageable sizes

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Exim is already set to expunge messages older than 7 days--you can verify your config by editing /etc/exim.conf and searching for 7d. If you'd like to lower this, simply change the number and restart. A responsible admin would leave this between 5 - 7 days.

You might want to modify the ignore_errmsg_errors_after = value to 1; errors are annoying and most are generated by spammers.

After any changes you will need to: service exim restart

3. pguy

pguy Well-Known Member

I had made those changes in Exim a while ago, but didn't see them take effect. I had changed it to 3 days just to check its effect, but emails still remained in queue after 5 days or so.

Just didn't make sense at that point. That's the reason I was looking for a manual way to clean up the queue once a while.

I had previously set them at 2d, I have kicked it lower to 1. Hoping to a cleaner mail queue :D