The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting files and Disk space - Urgent help needed [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Free Fall, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Free Fall

Free Fall Registered

Deleting files and Disk space - Urgent help needed

I can't receive emails and sending messages on my forum is a little dodgy because I have used up all my disk space. How do I rid myself????? URGENT

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If you are just an cPanel end-user, you should really be contacting your hosting provider on such issues.

Without knowing what files you have in your home directory and what you are using your account for, all I could suggest is that you delete all files that are not needed!

More specifically:

1. If you access your mail via IMAP, delete all unnecessary sent messages, drafts and delete the contents of trash folders

2. If you have any form of server-side spambox, empty it

3. Delete any files of which your website is comprised that are not needed - obsoleted image files, for example

3. Free Fall

Free Fall Registered

Thanks. I was just afraid of deleting files that are needed...will contact hosting company.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

No problem.

The main reason why you would be best off contacting your hosting company, aside from the the reason that you're paying them for support, is that they should be able to see what files you have and thus advise you more accurately.