Delivery problem with Microsoft e-mail

apitus

Sep 12, 2017
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everybody.

Since few weeks, I'm experiencing delivery problem when sending e-mail to microsoft managed address : Outloook.com or Office365 for company.

All e-mails are going to junk.

I checked with many tools SPF, DKIM and all config of domain and all seems to be good with those tools :

- MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox
- Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com
- DKIM record Checker | Test your DKIM record - DMARC Analyzer

Here is a link to mail source I sent for testing purpose : Received: from HE1EUR02HT233.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com (2603:10a6: - Pastebin.com

As you can see, SPF and DKIM are ok.

When testing on other mail provider like gmail, all is ok.

Have you any idea of what can cause this problem.

Thank your for your help.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @apitus

It does indicate in the headers that the email was flagged by Microsofts Anti-Spam but unfortunately if you've taken care of ensuring you have your SPF, DKIM and reverse DNS in order there's not much else that would be controlled by the server. In order to find out why mail is being flagged and what the next steps from resolution are you'd need to contact Microsoft directly.

apitus

Sep 12, 2017
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I contacted Microsoft and here is what they told me :

Hello,

My name is Sai and I work with the Outlook.com Deliverability Support Team.

Recent activity coming from your IP (**.**.**.***) has been flagged by our system as suspicious, causing your IP to become blocked. I have conducted an investigation into the emails originating from your IP space and have implemented mitigation for your deliverability problem. This process may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

Please note that lifting the block does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user's inbox. However, here are some things that can help you with delivery:

• · Join the Junk Mail Reporting Program (JMRP)
We believe that your recipients are the best indicator that the email you are sending is wanted. The JMRP program allows you to see which of your emails Outlook.com users have marked as junk or unwanted mail. Reviewing the results in JMRP will provide to the most direct information on what characteristics of your email, customers, and ultimately SmartScreen®, consider to be unwanted. This helpful feedback mechanism allows you to ensure that mails being sent from your IP are not resulting in negative feedback that could impact your sending reputation. Being vigilant about users who mark your e-mail as unwanted or the types of messages that are being marked as unwanted can help you keep mailing lists updated with only interested users and modify future campaigns. In addition, monitoring user complaints can help you identify unintended mail traffic or detect a potentially compromised account sending unwanted mail to your customers. Enroll at https://postmaster.live.com/snds/JMRP.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

• · Join the Smart Network Data Services program (SNDS)
The SNDS program provides data about traffic seen originating from your registered IP, such as mail volume and complaint rates. The data is built from the log files of the inbound mail machines and other servers at Outlook.com and Microsoft and represents factual information about the traffic from your mail servers to Outlook.com users. This is a service that helps legitimate email senders work with their customers and partners to reduce spam originating from their IP. This program allows a sender to monitor the 'health' of their IPs. For more information about this free program refer to https://postmaster.live.com/snds/FAQ.aspx. To register, please go to http://postmaster.msn.com/snds/. (Tip: As part of the enrollment process, you are asked to sign the JMRP program agreement and then send a response to Support indicating that it has been signed. It's not uncommon for that step in the enrollment process to be missed.)

NOTE: The SNDS tool and/or enrollment in the JMRP will not allow emails from your mail servers to bypass our filters, these are in place to help legitimate companies deliver their emails to Outlook.com customers.
Since they put my server IP address on mitigation, mail are not going anymore in spam; The question is : how much time it will works.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

I can't answer that for you, I can suggest that you respond to them and request information on the activity that caused the bock to be imposed in the first place.