The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo API account

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by smilie, Jan 7, 2014.

1. smilie

smilie Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

I have following question;
    I need to develop a rather simple API call against cPanel. Docs and everything is OK and I believe I will find my way around.

However what I am looking for is a demo API account / server. I only need domain (single user) access.

It would be a bit overkill to take VPS with unlimited cPanel license which would be at cheapest +/- 20 euro's a month.

cPanel offers demo accounts, to be more specific the 'Domain owners' demo. However I am not sure API access is enabled on that one? If not, any other suggestions?! :)

Also, another question; API ACL works just like GUI does, yes? If I provide single user / domain owner credentials I will be able to access API functions related to that ACL?

Thanx!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you considered setting up a local machine or VM instead of using a hosting provider? This should be adequate alternative if you are only using the server for testing API. You can consult with cs@cpanel.net via email to discuss the possibility of obtaining a developer's license.

Thank you.

3. smilie

smilie Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    @cPanelMichael,

I was not aware of the developer's license, but that sounds just like what I need!

Will write e-mail to the given e-mail address, thank you!