The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

demo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonymaclennan, Oct 6, 2005.

1. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Registered

where can I find a cPanel demo ?

thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Are you after a trial license to play with cPanel, or a demo account to login to cPanel to see what it looks like?

If the former, then you can obtain a trial license by going into the cPanel Store linked off of their site.

If the latter, then there isn't an official online demo, they do have the featurelists and screen shots both linked to from the front-page of their site.

3. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Registered

Firstly chirpy, I wasn't cross-posting, I wanted a demo for WHM and cPanel and thought I would have to post in each forum to get relevant answer.

The reason I need to see a demo is because I currently use Plesk, but it wont let me login (keeps re-directing me back to login page and occassionally to about 2-3 screens in admin before sending me back to login, I think it is because it uses Proxy and the network I am on is restricted I think) so I am considering a switch.

If I swith from Plesk to cPanel, will it transfer all my current customers ?

4. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

In my opinion (and everyone has one), switching to Cpanel/WHM is a good move. As far as transferring accounts, YES, WHM supports transferrs from pXa (Pl*sk) 1.x, 2.x, 5.x, 6.x .

5. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

there is a demo of cpanel availible by going to eshockhost.com/cpanel and logging in with username and pass demo ....if I'm not mistaking didn't cPanel used to have a test cpanel for people but then took it down and if so why? :( :confused:

6. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

Security... there is no real secure way to run a live demo of Cpanel/WHM on a server.