The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deny SMTP?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jammer2020, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Jammer2020

Jammer2020 Member

I am not that fimilar with Exim but is there a way to set up every domain created to be blocked from using SMTP? We just got hammered by a spammer yesterday and we are not going to let it happen again. I would like to have this so that it works for all of our resellers resold accounts as well. The only people that would have access would be the ones who submit the appropriate identifications and we could then manually add them to the allowed list.

It appears that Cpanel automatically lets them use SMTP from account creation, unless I am missing something. It would be nice to have a place to choose if you want them to have smtp or not.

2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

[quote:bc265b164b][i:bc265b164b]Originally posted by Jammer2020[/i:bc265b164b]

I am not that fimilar with Exim but is there a way to set up every domain created to be blocked from using SMTP? We just got hammered by a spammer yesterday and we are not going to let it happen again. I would like to have this so that it works for all of our resellers resold accounts as well. The only people that would have access would be the ones who submit the appropriate identifications and we could then manually add them to the allowed list.

It appears that Cpanel automatically lets them use SMTP from account creation, unless I am missing something. It would be nice to have a place to choose if you want them to have smtp or not.

[/quote:bc265b164b]

Well if his a spammer changes are they are already on Spamcops and other RBL lists so you should try this.

As root log into your server and edit /etc/exim.conf
    Find the section:

# rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com

under it add this:

rbl_domains = bl.spamcop.net/reject : \
    relays.ordb.org/reject : \
    spews.relays.osirusoft.com/reject : \
    spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com/reject : \
    blackholes.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
    dialups.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
    relays.mail-abuse.org/reject

So it should end up looking like this:

rbl_domains = bl.spamcop.net/reject : \
    relays.ordb.org/reject : \
    spews.relays.osirusoft.com/reject : \
    spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com/reject : \
    blackholes.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
    dialups.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
    relays.mail-abuse.org/reject

cntrl-x and save, say Y

Restart exim /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim restart

Watch your /var/log/exim_mainlog. If they are problem spammers they will be denied to connection to your server.

-AuZ;)

3. Jammer2020

Jammer2020 Member

Thanks for the response. I will give that a shot.