The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deployment of Invisions not working and its 2 versions behind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozzi4648, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Deployment of Invisions not working, 2 versions behind, phpbb 2.02 is major VULN!?

The invisions installation is not working properly. After specifying the directory to install it into the screen returned is a "PAGE NOT FOUND". You have to go back into the invisions installation screen and select the forum name in order for you to be able to load the forums for the first time, then it will come up. Any unsuspecting users would submit a ticket saying his installation failed because he was not taken to the forum upon successfully installing it but rather got a page not found error.

The other thing is this. In WHM under addon script the check mark says;

Name: InvisionBoard
    Packager: DarkORB
    Price: Free (Shareware)

X Install and Keep Updated

However, this is obviously not working because the version being installed is 1.01 which as reported by Invisions, is no longer being supported because of its bugs.

THE LATEST VERSION IS 1.1.1 which is two versions ahead of 1.0.1 Can we have these fixed? Clicking on the save button in WHM does not update the version.

Oscommerce is also old and outdated!!

Phpbb, now this is a good one, has a major security VULN in v2.02, which was reported by us! Disable the deployment of php 2.02 by your users, unless you want them to be hacked. Two phpbb v2.02's were hacked into on our servers back 1.5 months ago and the fix is v2.03. And there is possibly a newer version available already!WHY WOULD I WANT TO HAVE MY USERS DEPLOYING VULN BOARDS?

This is absurd!

Is there a way for me to update my own versions without relying on Darkorb to deploy the updates?

#1 ozzi4648, Mar 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2003
  2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Sure you can. 99.9% of the time you have nothing to contribute around here but to spew forth your filth and your rude 4 letters words of profanity and garbage. It proves what kind of a low life you really are. Apart from that, most of the suggestions you offer are either wrong or simply flawed. Judging by your comments you rarely think for yourself, post alternatives, offer HOWTO's or offer much of anything except to complain about people asking for help or pointing out the obvious flaws in things people have written etc. It wouldn't surprise me, since your strictly a control panel guy who relies on WHM commands only, and knows very little about administering linux as root. :D In other words, your admin abilities are second to none. Coming from someone whos trash ridden and a bit of a stupid child at times, i would say it is you who is dumb and not I. Not to mention your language. Did your parents ever beat you up for profanity? If they didn't then they should have! Now go crawl back in the corner little boy! :D:D

#2 ozzi4648, Mar 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2003
  3. gic

gic Well-Known Member

MODS, please close this thread. It's childish.

4. iago

iago Member

close it?!

why close it? i REALLY would like to know how to update this kind of scripts or have cpanel to update them automatically. So i hope i can find on this post some advise and not just lame replies. Remeber this is a support forum and maybe there are other users like me with the same questions.

Dont want to be rude :)

Ozzi, i you find a soloution to this problem i would like to know about it

Best regards!

5. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I agree. I've noticed this also.

Though 'The Oz' tends to be a bit abrasive, he brings up good points.

I have to say that Cpanel has gotten a bit more stable, especially since 'Stable' now appears to be. :) Perhaps they've been focusing on making sure their features are as safe and stable as possible before double checking into the Add-ons.

What's interesting is that when I got on the board this morning, I was actually saying to myself "hmmm, haven't heard from oz in a bit... all must be good in the world" :)

Brian

6. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

It seems like he knows a good deal also and I am sure he can figure out where to replace the package: /usr/local/cpanel/addons/InvisionBoard (if I am not mistaken) on the other hand maybe he is trying to get across the point he shouldn't have to..?

7. ALapo

ALapo Member

Uhm so... why wont they update them? :confused:

8. LS_Drew

LS_Drew Well-Known Member

ozzi4648 is absolutely right. We're not here to be everyone's friend. We do PAY for this product.

They've known about this for a long time. They've been asked to fix it. It's not a huge deal to fix, yet it never gets done.

IT SHOULD GET DONE!

If you don't like the way a person says it, too bad. It's what he's saying that matters and what he's saying is absolutely correct.

9. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you'd like to alpha test the addon cgi updater on your server, please contact support.

10. dorijan

dorijan Member

is that normal for your customer service bdraco ?

if u dont dare or dont want to deal with specific questions on the forum you send them to customer support ?

so they way 48hours and nothing happens ?

11. dorijan

dorijan Member

id be happy if i had a working system first

the update and security part i can do myself

but waiting over 2 days for them to fix an error that prevents my customers from setting their own passwords

and then doing nothing for 24hours than simply re routing the ticket inside the ticket system just annoys me

cause they may only loose one cpanel customer
    while i loose around 40

12. dorijan

dorijan Member

jub

i did

the dev did

still no luck
    except some more hours waiting for a reply that i've never got