The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Despite deleting mail c-panel shows the same amount of disk used

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tanjaba, Jan 20, 2011.

1. tanjaba

tanjaba Registered

I have a strange problem: One of the users of our mail got a warning for approaching the quota limit, although she deleted most of her inbox messages. I looked into the problem and it was in the sent mail with a lot of large attachments ... We have deleted all messages (a few hundred), from sent, from trash ....
    Yet, her account still says she is using the same amount (app. 180 MB) of space and so does my overview of e-mail accounts in c-panel.
    When I checked the folder size of her account through my ftp client, it was 14,7 MB; whenwe downloaded her mail through a mail client, it was 14,7 MB - and this size is about correct.
    Can you explain?

2. vs-fam

vs-fam Active Member

Old thread, but no reply and I'm looking for this answer as well.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The email quotas do not immediately update. How long have you waited after cleaning out the box to check?

Please note that you can always remove the maildirsize file in that user's email directory (/home/username/mail/domain.com/emailuser location where username is the cPanel username, domain.com is the domain name, and emailuser is the user's email account prior to the @ portion). Clearing the maildirsize file will force a recalculation of the usage.