Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Detect website receiving heavy traffic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rogerio, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Rogerio

Rogerio Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, every 20 to 30 minutes, my server is getting about 400 to 500 connections per minute. In the last 2 weeks, 24 hours.

Using "tcpdump", I have detected that incoming connections come from CloudFlare IPs, to an Apache website.

But I can not detect the target site (about 60 cPanel accounts). Using WHM, Apache Status, I can not see anything to identify the destination.

This is not causing problems, no memory spikes, or CPU. But I do not feel comfortable not knowing why. Any idea how I can detect it more accurately?

thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Rogerio,

Have you checked the Apache domain access logs to see if you notice any entries indicating a large number of requests? The domain access logs are located in the /var/log/apache2/domlogs/ directory.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...