Detected 1 process that is running outdated executables: 1349

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You'd generally only see this notification when packages on your system have been updated. You can review /var/log/yum.log to see if the notification corresponds to updates to your system packages.

Thank you.

Kikloo

Mar 31, 2017
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

You'd generally only see this notification when packages on your system have been updated. You can review /var/log/yum.log to see if the notification corresponds to updates to your system packages.

Thank you.
Hi,

I agree but my point is if I have to keep on restarting the server every now and then due to one reason or another then why I should pay for kernel care etc?

Also these little service restarting should be taken care by cpanel if they can be restarted with a command line.

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I agree but my point is if I have to keep on restarting the server every now and then due to one reason or another then why I should pay for kernel care etc?
Not having to reboot to apply the kernel update itself is a benefit because often times kernel updates patch critical security flaws. We're happy to take a closer look at this in a support ticket so we can review the system and verify there's no flaw in how the outdated executables script is working.

Also these little service restarting should be taken care by cpanel if they can be restarted with a command line.
I encourage you to submit a feature request if this is something you'd like to see added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.