Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Detected 1 process that is running outdated executables: 1349

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kikloo, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Kikloo

Kikloo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have CL and KernelCare why still Security advisor tells me to restart the server every now and then ?

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You'd generally only see this notification when packages on your system have been updated. You can review /var/log/yum.log to see if the notification corresponds to updates to your system packages.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kikloo

Kikloo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I agree but my point is if I have to keep on restarting the server every now and then due to one reason or another then why I should pay for kernel care etc?

Also these little service restarting should be taken care by cpanel if they can be restarted with a command line.

Thanks.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not having to reboot to apply the kernel update itself is a benefit because often times kernel updates patch critical security flaws. We're happy to take a closer look at this in a support ticket so we can review the system and verify there's no flaw in how the outdated executables script is working.

I encourage you to submit a feature request if this is something you'd like to see added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...