Jul 28, 2016
wisconsin
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, for some reason, an account became suspended.

I'm a newer cpanel admin, so maybe this is common or happens for a reason?

WHM version 54 (build 28)

I unsuspended the user in WHM:
---------------------------------------------
Changing shell for hmbuser.
Shell changed.
Unlocking password for user hmbuser.
passwd: Success
Unsuspending websites...
Unsuspending FTP accounts...
Updating FTP passwords for hmbuser
FTP password files updated.
FTP vhost passwords synced
hmbuser's account is now active
Unsuspending mysql users
hmbuser's account has been unsuspended
-------------------------------------------------

My question.. why was the account or user suspended in the first place. As far as I know, I'm the only admin... and as an admin, I don't feel good about things that get suspended on their own. ;-)

TIA,
Donovan

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
My question.. why was the account or user suspended in the first place. As far as I know, I'm the only admin... and as an admin, I don't feel good about things that get suspended on their own. ;-)
Hello,

Have you installed any third-party plugins or billing applications that can suspend an account? If not, do you notice any entries in your /root/.bash_history file or in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log that suggests an administrator suspended an account?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you would like us to take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

senthu

Registered
Feb 13, 2020
Singapore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if you would like us to take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.
Hi

I have same kind of issue. No any logs. But once we do suspend and unsuspend, The issue is sort it out. But we need to know the root cause of this issue.

Thanks

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi

I have same kind of issue. No any logs. But once we do suspend and unsuspend, The issue is sort it out. But we need to know the root cause of this issue.

Thanks
I'd suggest you please open a ticket using the link in my signature. Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!