The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dev license for localhost?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsackr, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dsackr

dsackr Registered

Sorry if this is one of those questions that has been asked and answered a dozen times - however I couldn't find the answer here or google...

I have a whm license from godaddy on my vps - works great however I want to build my sites on a localhost copy first then upload them to the server once they are production ready. I can do that when I'm only dealing with wordpress or html sites - but with multi-store fronts in Magento there were several things I had to do with the server itself to make it work and testing on a non-whm setup isn't valid for me -

Is there any way to get a dev version of whm to localhost only (not serving public websites) to run on my laptop?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That wouldn't be possible I don't think, cPanel has requirements for using a dedicated public IP address. You can always setup a testing environment in a directory on your VPS, or even another VPS as cheap as they are these days.