Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

emllay

Jun 12, 2018
Mombasa, Kenya.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Guys,
I am able to send emails out and receive as well but recently this one sub-domain has been having problems sending back to us.
below is the bounce back details they have shared through skype.

Field Name: SMTPDSNDeliveryStatus
Data Type: Text List
Data Length: 724 bytes
Seq Num: 1
Dup Item ID: 0
Field Flags:

"Reporting-MTA: dns; dispatch1-eu1.ppe-hosted.com
X-PPE-Hosted-ESMTP-Server-Queue-ID: 9874920094
X-PPE-Hosted-ESMTP-Server-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
Arrival-Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 08:00:52 +0000 (UTC)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; rat-02.safaricombusiness.co.ke

What is this Remote-MTA: dns; rat-02.safaricombusiness.co.ke blocking this particular subdomain?
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

emllay

Jun 12, 2018
Mombasa, Kenya.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Does the email address exist on rat-02.safaricombusiness.co.ke and can you report back with dig xxx.theirdomain.com mx?
Hi Zen,
Actually is rat-02.safaricombusiness.co.ke is an mx record for the previous domain registrar as I have now moved to a different registrar.
I have setup the new DNS but am still getting the old error generated from the old registrar settings.

emllay

Jun 12, 2018
Mombasa, Kenya.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Zen,
Actually is rat-02.safaricombusiness.co.ke is an mx record for the previous domain registrar as I have now moved to a different registrar.
I have setup the new DNS but am still getting the old error generated from the old registrar settings.
Also checking the dns on tools.dnsstuff.com I get below fail
All connections to Mailservers port 25 have failed. The standard port for SMTP transactions is 25, so your servers should be operating on that port. It is recommended that it be fixed in order for your mail service to operate properly. The Mail Servers that failed are:
192.xxx.xxx.xx | failed message send with: messaging failure: Time out occurred or Remote server closed connection prematurely
194.xxx.xx.xx | failed message send with: failed cx open with: failed socket connect with: Connection refused

How should I fix this error on cPanel?

emllay

Jun 12, 2018
Mombasa, Kenya.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It sounds as though you're still using the old DNS settings - did you point your nameservers to the new server at the registrar?
Hi Lauren,
The promulgation period has already elapsed and upon checking with online dns tools everything says its on the new registrar.
I thought as long as the migration to new registrar is done then the pointing is done. How is it that

Remote-MTA: dns; rat-02.domain.co.ke

is still blocking my mails. I thought all will be relayed through ns3.shopco.com by now.
Please assist on how I should do.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to manage your DNS at the registrar you'd need to create an A record that points your site to the server, as well as MX entries (you could use domain.tld for this as well and wouldn't need a separate A record.) You'd also want to create DKIM and SPF records where DNS is managed for that domain.
If you would like to manage DNS settings for the domain on the server you're hosted on, you'd just want to point the domain to the nameservers of your server. If you've not created them yet the guide here shows you how: How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel & WHM Environment | cPanel & WHM Documentation

Reactions: emllay

emllay

Jun 12, 2018
Mombasa, Kenya.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to manage your DNS at the registrar you'd need to create an A record that points your site to the server, as well as MX entries (you could use domain.tld for this as well and wouldn't need a separate A record.) You'd also want to create DKIM and SPF records where DNS is managed for that domain.
If you would like to manage DNS settings for the domain on the server you're hosted on, you'd just want to point the domain to the nameservers of your server. If you've not created them yet the guide here shows you how: How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel & WHM Environment | cPanel & WHM Documentation
Hey, all now working ok. I believe this is after full promulgation period had elapsed.

Reactions: cPanelLauren