Diasable wordpress plugin server wide + give message

ExobiT

Feb 6, 2010
Hi

Some users are installing very cpu intensive backup plugins, but we already make backups for them. So i want to disable so customers cannot install those plugins, and then give them a message that those plugins are not needed/allowed to be installed

Can this be handled somehow ? People are using WP toolkit, but also installing their own version of WP without toolkit

ServerHealers

Sep 21, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is no way to 100% prevent a plugin from being installed through WordPress at this time. However, there is an option to add plugin names to blocklist, so that these plugins cannot be installed via WP Toolkit and will be disabled when found if they are installed through other means. You will have to enter plugin folder name or slug in a comma separated list into this field to get it done. This can be found in WHM >> WordPress Toolkit >> Settings in the "Plugin blocklist" area.

Regarding the WordPress installed directly without using WP Toolkit, those installations could be imported into the WP Toolkit easily via WHM >> WordPress Toolkit >> Scan button. This will scan the entire filesystem, and import the WordPress installations into it to manage easily going forward. I hope this helps! :)

Reactions: cPRex and ExobiT

ExobiT

Feb 6, 2010
There is no way to 100% prevent a plugin from being installed through WordPress at this time. However, there is an option to add plugin names to blocklist, so that these plugins cannot be installed via WP Toolkit and will be disabled when found if they are installed through other means. You will have to enter plugin folder name or slug in a comma separated list into this field to get it done. This can be found in WHM >> WordPress Toolkit >> Settings in the "Plugin blocklist" area.

Regarding the WordPress installed directly without using WP Toolkit, those installations could be imported into the WP Toolkit easily via WHM >> WordPress Toolkit >> Scan button. This will scan the entire filesystem, and import the WordPress installations into it to manage easily going forward. I hope this helps! :)
NIce, thanks :)

Does the user gets a message when wp toolkit finds a plugin thats not allowed ?

ServerHealers

Sep 21, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't know actually as I've never get a chance to test this feature yet, because the servers we manage have no such restrictions for customers. I'd suggest checking this in your development server first and see how things work. ;)