The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did postgresql stop working for anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by casey, Nov 14, 2003.

1. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Yesterday I got an e-mail from redhat, so I checked up2date and there was also some postgresql rpms. I avoided those like the plague, but I wake up this morning to a broken postgresql. I checked up2date again and whaddayaknow it appears I'm running the latest version of postgresql...well, not really running, because it wasn't working until I re-installed it. There was no postgresql.pid and the postmaster would not start or stop.

How is that? Could cpanel have done that to me with a cpanel update, or am I going insane? I never ran up2date. In fact, the other rpm packages that were listed there are still listed. Only postgresql has magically disappeared.

2. I-Web

I-Web Well-Known Member

my postgresql was updated in last nights update...... but it appears to be working fine

3. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Yeah, checking the logs it appears that postgresql was updated right around the same time as the cpanel update. Well, it sucks that it stopped working, but at least I know what did it now.