The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difference between addon and sub domain help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by convy, Feb 23, 2005.

1. convy

convy Registered

Hi all,

this is my first posting to this forum having just joined .... so forgive me if I take a little while to get into the swing of things .....

my question

I have an account that uses cpanel interface this account allows me to host upto 10 domains and unlimited sub domains ..... as a part of the deal I got a free domain name which is the primary domain name. the name of the primary is www.worryfreemoving.net I have something that I would like to do and need some help with it.

scenario .... I have a .com name hosted under www.worryfreemoving.net called www.998perez.com

The second domain (998perez.com) is simply a virtual tour of a property that I am featuring on behalf of a realtor friend of mine.

given that I can host upto 10 full domains with my account I don't want to use up one of those domains simply for a virtual tour that may sell in a few days time .... so what I wanted to do was make 998perez.com a subdomain of worryfreemoving.net!

I need to know is the following ....

how do I make 998perez.com a subdomain? is it a case that I set up a subdomain under www.worryfreemoving.net or do I make an addon domain and set up a direct?

I had an old domain www.vpvi.com and my wife had a domain www.angelsinvictoria.com if somebody searched for www.angelsinvictoria.com that is what they would find and it would appear in the URL address bar. However, if somebody clicked onto the (lets say) aboutus button the following URL would appear in the address bar httt://www.vpvi.com/angelsinvictoria/aboutus.htm

This is exactly what I want to do here

can anybody please help, I would be ever so grateful
    many thanks
    Sean Convy

#1 convy, Feb 23, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. convy

convy Registered

I understand from a friend of mine that to achieve what I wanted to do was to actually frame forward.... was once solution .... still doesn't answer my question though

my query was a space saving exercise ....

if I can host a max of 10 domain names with the plan that I have and unlimited subdomains

all I wanted to do was use up some of these subdomains

so the 998perez.com scenario below was that ... I didn't want to allocate a full space from one of my ten domains simply host it behind another full site but have the URL www.998perez.com come up if people searched for it ...

is this a little clearer?

and thanks for the reply