The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between ConfigServer Mail Queue and Mail Queue Manager

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fearmydesign, Feb 28, 2011.

1. fearmydesign

fearmydesign Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the difference between ConfigServer Mail Queue and Mail Queue Manager

I am having some problems with my server being slow

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have CMQ installed you can see just by looking at it, the differences between it and the Mail Queue Manager interface of WHM.

I can't imagine either one of these tools slowing the server though.

3. fearmydesign

Thank you, it was actually slowing my server because I had an email account that was past it's limits (6,000 emails), and also there were over 2,000 emails in the Queue :-/
    So I had to delete these emails first, and then I emptied the email account that had over 6,000 emails.

My question was the difference between these two (ConfigServer Mail Queue and Mail Queue Manager), but I guess they pull information from the same place, they each just have some different options... would this be correct?
    Also, in what instance would you prefer or use one over the other?

Thanks much

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Mail Queue Manager is a tool I use to take a quick peek at the queue to check for issues needing attention. CMQ I use if I have some work to do with the queue. In a perfect world you might not have much use for either one I don't think. Notifications should have been sent in advance and attention paid to them. Server setup properly so that spam is filtered and dealth with, accounts software scripts monitored and kept up to date and fake email :fail:-ed not queued. The WHM Mail Queue Manager makes peeking in on the queue to check for problems very easy to do.

If you see email backing up there is a reason for that. Solve those problems.

Neither one of these UIs slowed your server down though. The mail server itself working too hard scanning, blocking, bouncing, queueing emails, sure.

5. fearmydesign

How or what tests can I run on the server WHM or shell, to check and see if these settings are correct? I don't know what the fake email :fail:-ed not queued is

Thanks again