The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Accounts With Same Permission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xfob, Nov 29, 2007.

1. xfob

xfob Member

Hi,

The server I use is only used by me and currently there is only one account made on the server, that one account has filled up the current hard drive. So, I added another hard drive, but I don't know if it's possible to continue this account onto the new hard drive. If I make a new account on the new hard drive will I be able to access that account from the old account? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks. If you are confused what I am asking please post it and let me know.

Alex

2. xfob

xfob Member

I was suggested to use 'nobody' and set all permission to 777 is that a good idea or is there better solution?

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you want the new hard drive to be only used by the account, then simply mount it somewhere in the user's directory. For example, you could move all files in /home/user/public_html to the new hard drive and then mount the new hard drive at /home/user/public_html

4. xfob

xfob Member

Thank you, such a simple solution yet I didn't think of it.

5. xfob

xfob Member

Actually I have one more question, if I mounted it to /home/user/public_html and the other hard drive is not completely 100% full yet where will the files go the old or the new hard drive?