The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different cPanel access for different logins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teleute, Apr 18, 2005.

1. teleute

teleute Member

Hi all;

Just so you know what I've personally got access to, I'm a reseller, so I have WHM and SSH access (although not root).

I have a client with a domain on my account. They have two people who need access to various features, but not all of them. However, what they need access to is different (i.e. one user needs to be able to modify email addresses, and the other one needs access to stats, that sort of thing). And I still need the main account to have access to everything, since that's what I use to work on their web site.

Is it possible to disable features not just on a package level, but on a specific user level? And if not, is there a way to make something like stats available to a user without them going into the control panel (but still logging in)?

Thank you.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No, it's not possible.

3. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Teleute: If you have a user that just needs access to web stats, and want them accessible w/o having to login in to the control panel, take a look at the scripts at www.josheli.com/vox/. I've used the AWStats script and it works as designed. Just be certain to password protect the directory as an extra layer of security.

4. teleute

teleute Member

Beauty...it looks like another script on there may even solve the whole problem - the one called fileman. I might be able to use a couple of those to do what I want to do. Thanks!!!!!!!