TrippleEx

Apr 25, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there,

I have different DNS values in "Main >> DNS Functions >> Nameserver IPs" and "Main >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel & WHM Setup under Nameservers [Assign IP address]"

What I need to do, to the Nameserver is accessible und found over the Internet.

Thanks.

thewebhosting

May 9, 2008
You can correct these with following:

1 ) Open file /etc/nameserverips via SSH. It should show you something as follows:

10.1.x.x1=ns1.yourdomain.com
10.1.x.x2=ns2.yourdomain.com

Correct the entries here if the entries are not correct as per requirement.

2) Open the file /var/cpanel/nameserverips.yaml.

It should display you settings as follows

ns1.yourdomain.com: “10.1.x.x1: 1
count: ’1 zones:
yourdomain.com
ns2.yourdomain.com: “10.1.x.x2: 1

Edit the settings here as well if they are incorrect.

restart the cPanel service:

service restart cpanel

Now check the nameserver IP’s from WHM>> Main >> DNS Functions >> Nameserver IPs. It should now be corrected.

TrippleEx

Apr 25, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry but i think the WHM's DNS Config-System is incomprehensible and bugly !

I made a new Server-Image and Cpanel Installation. Nothing change, the System don't get the right IP's for the DNS that i previously entered after the Installation routine.

If i try add my DNS to the Registrar, i get following Error.

PHP:
MREG error: 549 | Command failed [53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target, entity, RCODE) (XX.XXX.XX.XX/XX.XXX.XX.XX:53, my-domain.com, REFUSED)]
My NameServers does not exist in the DNS!?

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

The following forum thread should be useful to you:

How to change nameserver IP

The functionality of the "Nameserver IPs" page was changed in 11.30. It is now a report, and not a page meant to configure any aspect of DNS. It reports the nameservers used by zones on the server, as well as a count of the the number of zones that use a given nameserver.

The nameserverips.yaml file is automatically updated, and not meant to be altered by hand. The script /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatenameserverips populates that file automatically. This script retrieves the information it populates the yaml file with by scanning the zones on the server for NS records, then using /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quickdnslookup to get the IP.

The correct way of updating the information on Nameserver IPs is through the "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" page, and to ensure a proper DNS configuration. If the Nameserver IPs page is presenting incorrect information when DNS is set up correctly, this is a bug and should be reported via a support ticket.
Thank you.