The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Domain Nameservers, same IPs

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ajaydsouza, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ajaydsouza

ajaydsouza Active Member

Hi,

I currently have ns1.domain1.com and ns2.domain1.com pointing to 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2 respectively.

I want to add ns1.domain2.com and ns2.domain2.com pointing to the same nameservers.

So that any user hosting can point their nameservers to either domain1 or domain2?

Will I need to create a reseller account for this?

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes it would be the easiest, make sure you set to share nameservers in the WHM settings.

3. ajaydsouza

ajaydsouza Active Member

This is exactly what I intend to do. I want to create the other set of nameservers.

The reason I am doing this is because I have a .org as the main account for WHM. I want to use the .com and create the nameservers for the .com

I will give what you state above a shot and get back to you.

Thank you.

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to resellers having their own name servers or do you just want to add other name server pointers for the heck of it?

You can modify the dns record of any domain you like and add all the private name servers you like as well. This does not need to be a whm account unless you actually have a reseller wanting to sell to their clients under their own name server address.

Simply modify the dns zone of the domain of interest and add the entries:
    dns Functions > Edit dns Zone

ns1 in A 1.1.1.1
    ns2 in A 1.1.1.2

Then go to your registrar and create the private name server for that domain with the same IP addresses.

5. ajaydsouza

ajaydsouza Active Member

Hi,

Thanks this worked perfectly :)

And even better was I realized I got full fledged DNS Management for any of my domains!