The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different version of mysql

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danej, Nov 2, 2007.

1. danej

danej Active Member

k, will try and make long story short.

WHM 11.11.0
    cPanel 11.15.0-R17853
    FREEBSD 6.1-RELEASE i386 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

*started as PHP 4.3.X MySQL 4.0.X

Yesterday about 8am apache stops running. can't get it started. tried several things, looking through log files, etc. I submit a support ticket to provider. They send a ticket back saying they fixed it. I try any of the sites and all say mysql_connect() is an undefined function. They installed PHP 5.2.4. So I say, thats fine, but I need mysql support with PHP. They say ok, then install MySQL 4.1. I said, that's not what I asked for, but I'll try and work with it to get the sites upgraded to 4.1. They then said, oh we will downgrade it to 4.0, which i didn't ask for either after they upgraded it. So when they downgraded, they couldn't get mysql to install. So they downgraded php to 4.4.7 and tried to reinstall mysql 4.0. Couldn't get that to work so they installed 4.1 again. So, finally about 14 hrs later, I say, can we please escalate this to cPanel as this is a production box and clients have already left my service over it. They do, and cPanel gets in and fixes it (thanks by the way).

SO, it is PHP 4.4.7 and MySQL 4.1.22, BUT I still get this error with tables on the sites.

Fatal error: Table './db/table' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read

Is there a way for me to get the tables, dump them, and import them into 4.1? or do I need to submit another ticket .....

Thanks for any help,
    Dane

2. danej

danej Active Member

a few tries

here are a few things I've tried. I copied the .MYD .MYI and .frm to another server that had the same version of MySQL when they were created. I get

#1033 - Incorrect information in file: './db/table.frm'

Then I tried to repair the table using the following:

myisamchk -r -q table
    myisamchk -r table
    myisamchk --safe-recover table
    myisamchk -e table.MYI
    myisamchk --force table

That was a no go. I don't remember the table structure exactly, but I tried to make a new table and just overwrite the .MYD from the old table and that just comes up as zero rows.

I tried using 'REPAIR TABLE tbl_name USE_FRM' and that didn't work either.

3. danej

danej Active Member

another weird thing

another weird thing is that it is only a portion of the databases have the problem. So under one user that has two databases, one says wrong version of mysql but the other one works fine. They were both created at the same time on the same user.