Difficulties sending as 'nobody'... help?

LiNUxG0d

Jun 25, 2003
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Hey all, seasons greetings!

I have a user who uses a PHP script to mail out to a few of her customers. The PHP script is sending as 'nobody', which is normal. This script is not suPHP and so this behavior is perfectly fine.

The problem I'm facing is, she gets this error message:

Code:
2008-12-19 09:07:16 1LDgwc-00036h-15 ** [email protected] R=lookuphost 
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 
host herdomain.com [x.x.x.x]: 550-Verification failed for <[email protected]>\n550-
The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected]  
The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper 
dns entries.\n550 Sender verify failed
I know this is because of call-out verification on herdomain.com. I checked and I have an A Record for my.server.com setup properly, and my server is denying the mail for a call-out.

Is there anything I can do to force a call-out acceptance on [email protected]?

I tried adding a /etc/valiases/my.server.com file with *: ::blackhole:: to see but nothing worked... help! :)

Thanks and happy holidays!

LiNUxG0d

Jun 25, 2003
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

The RDNS is setup properly on the IP. It matches a real A record as well, to be on the safe side.

I'm really not sure how to fix this error... anyone?

Thanks,

LiNUxG0d

Jun 25, 2003
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Basically,

When someone sends as NOBODY via a PHP script that uses sendmail, it will send as [email protected].

When a receiving SMTP gets this mail message, it issues a sender call out and our server says that [email protected] doesn't exist, so my mail is not delivered.

Basically, how do I get NOBODY to be a valid sender?

Regards,

deadlock

May 12, 2002
[email protected] is the default From: address that your server automatically adds to the outgoing message when that field is left blank. I would suggest editing the PHP script to have a proper From: field in the outgoing mail.