The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difinitive Guide Anywhere?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HappyPappy, Sep 14, 2002.

1. HappyPappy

HappyPappy Active Member

Hi,
    We are considering moving from being just a reseller to operating our own server.
    Just wondering if anyone has written a difinitive guide to establishing a complete webhosting operation that covers hardware set up and CPanel setup issues in the real world etc.
    Know most of this is knowledge learnt through experience and the WHM/CPanel documentation is good, but a guide written by someone who has been through the ropes would be a handy thing to read.
    Does anyone know of anything like this anywhere?

Thanx

P.S. I apologise if this post is in the wrong spot.

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:f25fa5285d][i:f25fa5285d]Originally posted by HappyPappy[/i:f25fa5285d]

Hi,
    We are considering moving from being just a reseller to operating our own server.
    Just wondering if anyone has written a difinitive guide to establishing a complete webhosting operation that covers hardware set up and CPanel setup issues in the real world etc.
    Know most of this is knowledge learnt through experience and the WHM/CPanel documentation is good, but a guide written by someone who has been through the ropes would be a handy thing to read.
    Does anyone know of anything like this anywhere?

Thanx

P.S. I apologise if this post is in the wrong spot.[/quote:f25fa5285d]
    Go to this page
    http://forums.cpanel.net/search.php

And search by user name
    In &Search username:& field enter & itf &

I have written most of step by step instructions

But if you want to handle a network or a system you have to become a System Administrator

If you want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes IT is a technology and there are some specific curriculum degrees such as Information technology, IT business, IT management and ...

3. HappyPappy

HappyPappy Active Member

Thanks

Thanks itf, appreciate your post.