Direct email works, Email from Contact Form 7 does not

Rolanda

Registered
Feb 10, 2020
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
I am quite new to cPanel and I have run into an issue that I can't seem to resolve using documentation and all the tips and tricks on forums. I have created a website for the company that I work for and all the "request quote" buttons work fine to send emails, but when I use a contact form it says that it sent the email, but one is never received on the server. I checked the email routing on cPanel and I got this error. How do I fix it? Thanks so much!

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Do you have the MX records properly configured for the domain or do emails reach you when sent using other methods? Do you see a record of the email being received in the exim logs at /var/log/exim_mainlog?

The screenshot you attached is not legible, unfortunately.

Rolanda

Registered
Feb 10, 2020
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Do you have the MX records properly configured for the domain or do emails reach you when sent using other methods? Do you see a record of the email being received in the exim logs at /var/log/exim_mainlog?

The screenshot you attached is not legible, unfortunately.
I don't have a record of any email being sent or received for the email address in question. The traceaddy says blackhole alias &****.ca
Now when I do a trace it says virtual_user to local delivery

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If the email is being sent the exim logs would indicate as such, all transactions are logged. If you don't see this in the exim logs when you use the form, I'd look at troubleshooting a potential issue with the form.