The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct url access to AWstats not working since last update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seattlegrunge, Apr 1, 2007.

1. seattlegrunge

seattlegrunge Registered

Before the latest cPanel update I could access AWstats direct through typing the following url:

https://www.domain.com:2083/awstats.pl?config=domain.com&lang=se

Then I logged in with an http authentication and reached the AWstats page.

But since the last cPanel update when I type the url mentioned above, it shows a cPanel form field telling me to log in and I do so... after that I get redirected to cPanel main page instead of AWstats page, and there I have to click the Stats icon and AWstats to view the AWstats page.

What can I do to get direct access (with login) to AWstats page?

FYI: In this case I use RVskin, but probably it doesn't matter?!?

2. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

Normally the url you have supplied should ask for the cpanel username/password if we take in the browser. If you have logged into the root or reseller WHM and then take the url as you mentioned it will not ask for the cpanel password.

3. seattlegrunge

seattlegrunge Registered

The thing is that before the update when I accessed the url
    hxxps://www.domain.com:2083/awstats.pl?config=domain.com&lang=se
    I got an alert window popping up for logging in, typed user/pass for the cpanel/web account and then the AWstats statistics page was loaded.

After the cpanel update earlier, now when I access the url mentioned above, I get a cpanel form field for logging in (instead of the alert window popping up - and that's fine with me), but when I press the login button I get redirected to cpanel instead of the AWstats statistics page. Inside the cpanel I can access AWstats statistics page.

Isn't there any way to login to AWstats statistics page directly just like before, without having to get through cpanel?

The thing is that my customers (not all of them) have little experience from computers and I want them to access AWstats without having them to go through cpanel, which can cause them a little panic? :)

4. Chargin

Chargin Registered

YES YES YES!

This should be a standard part of Cpanel, it is in Plesk....
    I dont want a client logging into Cpanel.... its just amazing that this isnt pasrt of the system already? Im a reseller of hosting and there are many others like me out there.

5. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I agree. Just as WebMail has its own login section apart from Cpanel, stats should also have this options. I have resellers who never let their clients into cpanel, but they do want them able to view their stats.