Directory Privacy Error: failed to configure access permissions

Nov 21, 2019
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I'm running WHM 88.05 on an Amazon AWS EC2 instance with RDS database. All running smoothly, however today I tried to use Directory Privacy feature for the first time to make a dev project folder password protected.

The folder happens to be the folder that houses a subdomain on a parent domain. This folder sits inside the public_html folder.

When I tried to make it private it failed with the following error:

Error: The system failed to configure access permissions for the “/home/REDACTED/public_html/REDACTED” directory because of an error: (XID vcj75x) The system failed to set the user ID to “1001” and the group ID to “99” on “GLOB(REDACTED)” because of an error: Operation not permitted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpUtils/Htaccess.pm line 316.
error.jpg

Can someone with a deeper understanding of how this works perhaps point me in the right direction to try to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Scott

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi all,

I'm running WHM 88.05 on an Amazon AWS EC2 instance with RDS database. All running smoothly, however today I tried to use Directory Privacy feature for the first time to make a dev project folder password protected.

The folder happens to be the folder that houses a subdomain on a parent domain. This folder sits inside the public_html folder.

When I tried to make it private it failed with the following error:

View attachment 65841

Can someone with a deeper understanding of how this works perhaps point me in the right direction to try to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Scott
Is there a conflict between the UID of the folders? What is in the .htaccess? Nothing you've noted thus far would indicate to me that it wouldn't be able to use directory privacy