The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable all email functionality?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by AutoDMC, Nov 18, 2008.

1. AutoDMC

AutoDMC Registered

Nov 17, 2008

I'm trying to figure out how I can just up and out disable all customer email functionality.

At this point, I'm just setting up all my hosting packages to come with 0 email accounts.

I want my server only serving web content; I don't want it to handle email. Gmail and other email providers already do email; I don't want to support it.

I was wondering if there was any way to just shut off email completely; no spam checker processes, no email daemons, nothing. It ain't gonna be used by any of my customers anyway.

Or are these programs used by the control panel itself for welcome emails, etc?

In other words, after talking about my no-frills only-web-serving no-email-included service, my customers are going to see, on their cpanels, all kinds of links to email stuff that doesn't work!

I've been reading over the documentation, but random searching hasn't yielded any usable info about this... I'm reading through the docs, so we'll see!