Disable altered RPM check for some Rouncube files?

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, we modified some files for Roundcube (simple stylesheets and some html/images ".html, .css, .gif, .png").

I've got a couple of questions.

1) Now cPanel alerts us for "Altered RPM found" and lists the files we modified.
Is there a way to disable this alert, without turning off completely the "Altered RPMs Check" alert in "WHM > Server Contacts > Contact Manager"?
Becasue we would like to let RPM do its check and alert us in case of changes, except for the files that we modified on purpose and that we know are fine.

2) when cPanel will upgrade Rouncube version, is it going to overwrite also the files we modified?
FYI: we left the default permissions to the files 644 - Owner/Group: root/wheel, could be a good idea to set them to 444 in case cPanel overwrites it during upgrades?

Thanks

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Gino Viroli,

Technically, you could set the cpanel-roundcubemail RPM to unmanaged using the instructions in the following document:

How to Set or Unset RPM Management - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

However, doing this means the RPM is no longer managed through cPanel & WHM and would require manual upgrades and maintenance.

Since you can't exclude specific files from the RPM verification check, the better approach is to setup a custom script or command that modifies the files with your preferred changes, and then setup a post stage upcp hook that automatically runs that script/command each time cPanel updates. Information on how to setup a hook to run after cPanel updates (upcp) is available at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation
Guide to Standardized Hooks - System Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Note you'd also need to create an email filter for that specific RPM notification based on it's message body so the system discards the message.

Additionally, I recommend opening a feature request for the ability to customize Roundcube without directly modifying it's configuration files:

Submit A Feature Request

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

timesurfer

Apr 16, 2019
Portugal
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Sorry for highjacking this thread, but I got exactly the same problem with Horde.

The same solutions applies or is there any other way to handle this in cPanel specifically for Horde?