CrazyByte

Registered
Dec 5, 2021
Italy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi
I have a issue when enable
"Require clients to connect with SSL or issue the STARTTLS command before they are allowed to authenticate with the server. "
if I understand this option disable plain text login on port 25, but after enabled, but is possible anyway to login on port 25 in plain text.

Is possible to disable completely login on port 25?

CrazyByte

Registered
Dec 5, 2021
Italy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I want keep open the port 25 but not users to login without tls or ssl.
I new in cpanel but in other server for security reason the port 25 is open for delivery but not for user login.
in exim is possible to do but editing exim.conf but is a temporary solution.

HostNoc

Feb 20, 2020
Ontario
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
HI

The option you are looking for is found under the Security tab in WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Basic Editor:

Require clients to connect with SSL or issue the STARTTLS command before they are allowed to authenticate with the server

But this option will significantly decrease the security of the server by allowing the plaintext transmission of authentication credentials.

Regards
HostNoc

Reactions: cPanelAnthony

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
HI

The option you are looking for is found under the Security tab in WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Basic Editor:

Require clients to connect with SSL or issue the STARTTLS command before they are allowed to authenticate with the server

But this option will significantly decrease the security of the server by allowing the plaintext transmission of authentication credentials.

Regards
HostNoc
Thanks! I misread the request as wanting port 25 logins of any kind disabled!