Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disable e-mail only using web services

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by gjohnson71, Jul 9, 2010.

1. gjohnson71

gjohnson71 Registered

I have several domains, but not all that use their own mail server. Not ususally a big deal, but when a contact form on the website sends the e-mail response I think cpanel is looking for that recipient locally. It can't find it.

I'm new to Cpanel, but have been using Ensim for about 10 years. I was able to make this config work on ensim buy simply disabling e-mail on a domain by domain basis. I don't seem to have that option here.

Any direction would be appreciated.

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

search /etc/localdomains and /etc/remotedomains

3. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To make it clearer, if a domain has remote MX records, that domain should be in /etc/remotedomains and removed from /etc/localdomains files. Domains in /etc/localdomains are those that should send and receive on the server, while domains in /etc/remotedomains are those that should not receive on the server due to having remote MX records.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gjohnson71

gjohnson71 Registered

Thank you very much. I read something similar and thought that might be the case. I tired it and worked.

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Just trying to teach fishing... ;)

6. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I find it's a lot easier to explain the purpose of a file or process, and then subsequently explain what to do using that file or process.

When I teach fishing, I don't simply hand over the pole and bait without giving any details on how to bait the hook or how to get the line into the water properly. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 Miraenda, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010